Terms and Conditions
Trail Ferret Terms & Conditions
When you book a place or places on an activity camp with Trail Ferret and your booking is accepted by Trail Ferret then a contract is deemed to exist between yourself and Trail Ferret. The official address for Trail Ferret is Stable Close, Georgeham, North Devon, EX33 1JN.
THE BOOKING AGREEMENT
1. Below are the details of the terms and conditions of the booking agreement. Please read them carefully. When you make a booking and we accept it, a legally binding contract is made. When you sign the booking form you (and any other person on whose behalf you book) agree to accept all of these conditions and you acknowledge that you have read the relevant trip dossier. You also warrant that the information given by you on the booking form is complete and true.
2. In order to make a booking please complete and sign the Booking Form and post it or email it to Trail Ferret with the required deposit. Once the deposit is received you will receive confirmation of booking and further details. Deposits required:
- UK based weekend courses £75
- UK based full week courses £150
- Europe full week course £400
- Kenya Altitude Training £700
3. The balance for each part of the trip will be due 8 weeks before departure (for European trips) and 6 weeks before start for any UK trips. It is important to be aware that once your deposits are paid, should you wish to cancel at any time thereafter, the deposits are non-refundable. In addition the cancellation penalties detailed below will be applied. It is strongly recommended that you have suitable cancellation insurance coverage from the time of booking.
4. If the interim deposit or balance is not received by the specific date, we reserve the right to cancel your booking and your deposit will be forfeited, unless Trail Ferret has agreed a delay of your payment in writing. We also reserve the right to pursue you for the unpaid balance due.
5. Your booking is made by you and accepted by us, on the understanding that courses need a minimum number of people to run. Should bookings not reach this minimum number all deposits will be returned in full.
6. Cancellation of a trip by Trail Ferret will entitle you to a refund of the full cost of your trip. No other compensation will be allowable.
7. Cancellation of bookings must be notified in writing and will only be effective from the day such notice is received by Alpine Oasis. Cancellation charges are as follows:
- More than 8 weeks before departure = loss of deposit
- 4-8 weeks = 60% of total trip cost
- 2-4 weeks = 80% of total trip cost
- Less than 2 weeks = 100% of total trip cost
8. Whilst every effort will be made to adhere to the planned itinerary, it must be realized that with these types of adventurous activity changes to the programme will occur from time to time. Trail Ferret accepts neither responsibility nor liability, for any ensuring costs, or the consequences of any such change, however caused. Circumstances may arise where we are forced to alter dates, trip duration, trekking routes or accommodation before a trip starts. We will endeavour to inform you of any such changes as soon as we know of them.
9. Some of our courses/treks/holidays involve going to high altitude and carry an inherent risk of altitude illness. Additionally, climbing and mountaineering, which includes treks that cross glaciated terrain or snow-bound passes, are hazardous activities with a risk of serious injury or death. By signing these booking conditions you acknowledge these hazards and your acceptance of the associated risk.
10. Trail Ferret does not accept responsibility for any personal illness, injury or death sustained on their trips. Nor will they be liable for any uninsured loss of personal property. If you have rented any of our equipment or clothing from us we cannot be held liable for its safety and/or condition. The Company cannot be made liable for the consequences of strikes, industrial action, wars, riots, sickness, quarantine, government intervention, weather conditions or other untoward occurrences, whatever they may be.
11. Having made every effort to ensure the correctness of this dossier we cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies.
12. Prices in the dossier are based on current costs and exchange rates. We will do our utmost to mitigate against any rise in our operating costs and strive to keep prices fixed. In the unlikely event that surcharges become necessary, you may cancel your booking without penalty if the surcharge amounts to more than 10% of the cost of the expedition.
Your booking is accepted on the understanding that you understand and accept the risks and hazards potentially involved in adventure holidays and that you are mentally and physically capable of undertaking your chosen trip. You must tell us if you have an existing medical condition (physical or psychological) or disability that might affect your holiday before you book. If, in our reasonable opinion, your chosen holiday is not suitable for your medical condition or disability we reserve the right to refuse your booking. We reserve the right to cancel the contract if medical problems are discovered and, in this eventuality, we will give a full refund but no compensation. You are responsible for bringing with you the proper clothing and equipment, which we advise you about in our printed trip information and pre-departure information pack. If you are unable, or choose not to complete the itinerary outlined, Trail Ferret is not liable to supply alternative itineraries, excursions, accommodations, services or staff for the period when the client is not present with the group. Trail Ferret is not liable for any failures that occur in the performance of the travel arrangements which are attributable to the consumer, or attributable to a third party unconnected with the provision of the services and unforeseeable or unavoidable, or are due to unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond the control of Trail Ferret which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised.
14. Passports, Visas and Immigration Requirements
Your specific passport and visa requirements, and other immigration requirements are your responsibility and you should confirm these with the relevant Embassies and/or Consulates. We do not accept any responsibility if you cannot travel because you have not complied with any passport, visa or immigration requirements.
15. Travel and Cancellation Insurance
To take part in one of our holidays you must be covered by adequate insurance for the complete duration of your trip. This insurance must include cover for; medical expenses, injury, death, cost of repatriation, helicopter evacuation and cancellation and curtailment. If, in the event of an emergency, medical rescue or evacuation from a trip of you, the client, either by foot, helicopter or otherwise, the responsibility for the payment of such costs will lie with the client. It is imperative that the client ensures adequate insurance cover is in place before departure. We recommend that you fully understand the limits and exclusions of any insurance policy before taking out cover. It is your responsibility to ensure that the insurance cover you purchase is adequate for the particular needs of you and your party. We reserve the right to cancel your booking at any time before departure if we are not satisfied that adequate insurance for you is in place. All baggage and personal effects, including mountain bikes, are at all times at your own risk. We will not be responsible for any loss, damage or accident to any luggage and property, howsoever incurred. You are advised to check the limitations of your insurance policy in this respect. In addition we strongly advise you bring a valid European Health Card (formerly E111).
If you have a problem during your holiday, you must inform your Course Leader who will endeavour to put things right. If your complaint is not resolved locally, please follow this up within 28 days of your return home by writing to Trail Ferret, giving your booking reference and all other relevant information. Please keep your letter concise and to the point. This will assist us to quickly identify your concerns and speed up our response to you. It is strongly suggested that you communicate any complaint to your Course Leader without delay. If you fail to follow this simple procedure we will have been deprived of the opportunity to investigate and rectify your complaint during your holiday and this may affect your rights under this contract.
17. The terms and conditions of all agreements made with Trail Ferret shall be subject to, and governed by, English Law. Any dispute will be dealt with under the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
By booking a course, you agree to have read and understood the Terms & Conditions within this document.